(Q) Non-Muslim: Why does Islam call Jews?
(A) The Muslim: Jews attribute to Almighty God many defective qualities that are not worthy of His right, including:
1. The attribute of remorse as in (Genesis 6:6): "So the Lord was sad that he had created man on earth and regretted in his heart." They described Him as not knowing the unseen and attributed ignorance and the lack of wisdom to Him because whoever knows acts out of his knowledge, and therefore he does not regret his behavior.
Also, the qualities of regret and sadness indicate weakness and humiliation, and the derogation from the qualities of strength and greatness are His attributes. All these are impossible in His right.
2. Tiredness: Jews attributed rest to Almighty God, which can only be due to tiredness and exhaustion in effort after the creation of the heavens and the earth, as in (Exodus 31: 17): "For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day He rested and breathed."
- They also attributed to His prophets many crimes, immorality, and vices that are impossible for people with pure instinct, souls, and average minds to accept in the right of a virtuous, chaste, and pure person, as well as to be a prophet or messenger chosen by God with knowledge who should be the best model to be followed.
Why choose Islam as a religion?
Additionally, they attributed to the Prophet Lot drinking wine and adultery with his eldest and then youngest daughters, and that his two daughters became pregnant from him from the affair, as in (Genesis, chapter 19), which means the ugliest type of adultery, which is incest, especially the adultery of the father with his two daughters.
Undoubtedly, this is impossible for God's prophets, who their Lord has protected from such deadly sins.
- Instead of believing in the message of the Messiah (peace be upon him) and his prophethood because of the evidence of his prophecy according to the criterion we explained above, the Jews denied him and tried to kill him, as well as the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), and this is an explicit denial of them.
- Disclaimer: What we have referred to regarding the belief of Judaism is also included in Christianity, as the Bible of Christians consists of the Book of Judaism as one of its parts under the Old Testament.
- Please refer to the book: A Comparison between Islam, Christianity and Judaism and the Choice between Them. (Translated into English)